Top Dog is staffed by highly trained experts with a background in both dog handling and Pest Management. Our staff is skilled, knowledgeable, discrete, and professional. Before treatment is determined we begin with a thorough inspection to identify the main areas of infestation and build a Bed Bug Action Plan specific to your needs. During treatment our technicians dissect and treat every part of the room including: furniture, drawers, bed frames, headboards, picture frames, baseboards, outlets, etc. Mattresses, upholstered furniture, and heavily infested areas are then treated with a high temperature vapor steam that penetrates deep into surfaces and eliminates live bed bugs and their eggs. Our Bed Bug treatments are so effective that you can have your unit back the same day.
Our Services Include
Top Dog Pest Control uses state-of-the-art, World Detection Dog Organization certified K9 handling teams to quickly and discretely inspect your property and ascertain the size and scope of any possible infestations. Routine service of this type can PREVENT problems before your tenants are bitten or the infestation worsens.
One Time Service: Phone us to schedule your inspection. Most times we can schedule and complete the inspection within 48 hours.
Prevention Service: We service your property on a predetermined interval and perform random inspections for bed bugs. The goal is to stop infestations fast before they can develop into an embarrassing and expensive problem. Prevention clients receive priority service for emergency situations.
Experience has taught us that strategic use of HEAT, STEAM and HEPA are the best methods for removing any bed bug population.
- Heat penetrates mattresses, fabrics, and other objects
- Heat kills eggs and living bed bugs and any other pests in the room
- High temp steam penetrates cracks and crevices
- HEPA vacuum physically remove bugs and eggs
Our non-chemical, non-toxic approach penetrates wall cavities, mattresses and other hard to reach locations to kill bed bugs. By applying heat evenly throughout a structure, we are able to kill bed bugs wherever they are hiding, something many other treatments cannot achieve in a single treatment. Our heat treatment will kill all of the growth stages of the bed bug including the eggs. This is an important fact since not all current pesticide control methodologies kill bed bug eggs. A heat treatment can oftentimes eradicate the entire population in a single treatment.
Raise temp – We use electric heaters and fans to introduce and circulate hot air to kill bed bugs in their natural habitat
Move Air – We set up high temperature fans to move heated air throughout the space to reach bed bugs in cracks and crevices or elevated zones. The temperature in the space is raised to 135 degrees; this exceeds the kill temp of 113 degrees. We maintain the 135 degree temperature for several hours. The heat will penetrate into all of the cracks and crevices and kill bed bugs and their eggs where they reside. Our process will force heat into beds, bedding, mattresses, furniture, electronics, wall cavities, etc. leaving no place for bed bugs to hide.
Monitor temp – We monitor temperatures in real time using computerized wireless sensors to ensure accurate lethal temperatures are reached without damaging the space or its contents.
Crack & Crevice – With the use of Steam and HEPA vacuuming we target hard to reach places. Our high temperature, low pressure steamers treat mattresses and the edge of walls between carpets and the baseboards (or tile and wood floors). The steam takes advantage of bed bugs sensitivity to heat, which literally cooks the bed bugs in hard to reach areas. The HEPA vacuum is used during the cleaning process to pick up as many live or dead bed bugs, bed bug feces and eggs as possible along mattresses, box springs, baseboards cracks and crevices. We capture the bed bugs in the self-contained HEPA filter which ensure nothing gets out. We like to use these tools first during our treatments!
We will prepare a custom work order for any project or service at your request. Our standard scope of work is:
- Interview the client to determine the status of rooms to be inspected.
- Inspect each unit occupied or unoccupied.
- The inspection team will inspect all room furniture, perimeter including baseboards and electrical and phone terminals. Luggage, back packs, clothing etc is also included.
- Any alerts will be noted and best efforts used to obtain physical evidence.
- When working with multiple units on a single visit the hotel manager or participating pest management professional will be responsible to provide inspection teams with an escort.
- Guests will be asked to step out of the the unit for approximately 10 minutes during the inspection.
- Present client with treatment recommendations and our Bed Bug Action Plan based upon inspection results
- Service reports are sent electronically.